Nuffnang Ads

Followers

Sunday 27 November 2011

Ngepan Indu Iban - What Accessories I wore for BHF 2011

Ngepan Indu Iban (Part 6)
 
Pua Jacket

One of the accessories that made me standout during the BHF 2011 was my pua jacket slung on my shoulder, like so:
 

The jacket is actually a sleeveless blouse that belongs to my mother. The idea wearing it slung on my shoulder is because of this photo:

The Sea Dyak Bride


This is a photo of The Sea Dayak Bride taken from the book written by Rev Edwin Gomes (you can get the book at a small bookshop [it's a bookshop owned by an Indian Muslim] at Sarawak Plaza, Kuching -  Lowerground level). It pays to be different as this look won the judges' heart and I am happy to be able to show BHF 2011 that the normal ngepan that we always see is not the only Iban ngepan that exist...I hope contestants for BHF 2012 will dare to be different BUT the uniqueness of the ngepan MUST be an original look and not a creation per say. My advise is to research, read and explore...